Tuesday 23 October 2007

What do I most want my life to be?

Suppose for a moment you could peep into the future and see your life in 5 years time, what would it look like? And suppose if instead of more of what you have now, or just a bleak prospect of getting older, you could have woven and created the life you desired, become the person you want to be? Is that a delicious thought?

Yes, dream on, I heard the skeptic say. And that's exactly what I mean to continue doing. The point is this is not just creating some Walter Mitty dream that remains in the realms of fantasy. I could just dream and drift - even though that can be fun too. The point is I mean to get there, where I'm planning to go so I can have more of the life I mean to have.

First I dream, then I plan my goals, then I dream some more but with more definition and intensity. Now I know just where I'm going. I have a direction and can start taking the appropriate actions, little by little towards having the life I desire. Again I quote the chinese proverb -The journey of a thousand mile begins with a single step.

Today that may be the pulling together of a plan of a internet marketing mastermind group, contacting all the relevant people, making a proposal for the formulation of the group and programming myself for working with this group. Step 2 done. Today I've also been on a training course on the 7 Cs of Consulting which will enhance my coaching/consulting skills. Step 3. I've booked myself onto other personal development trainings for the coming weeks. Step 4.
For me its about dreaming my life, planning, making a committment, taking action and following through.

Noone said its all going to be plain sailing. Obstacles are thrown up from time to time. Life has time pressures for me as anyone else. But I keep going, doing what I can do, recognising what I can't do for today and not give myself a hard time if I can't do it all.

"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda. The Empire Strikes back

My blessings for today
1 The health of my family is good. That's great for me at many levels, one being it frees me from time having to be a carer as well as freedom from worry and concern. This is an enormous blessing.
2.The wealth of personal material available to me at the click of a mouse, touch of a button from Success University. This healps me on my personal journey towards the achievement of my goals.
3. A moment of fun and laughter with my son.

Personal Development for Success
http://yvonnem.successuniversity.com

No comments: