Saturday 20 October 2007

The Learning Curve

Educating ourselves is where we start to grow in health, spiritually and in wealth; where we start to change our future; where we learn to become successful in whatever we do. And when we're done with school, there's all the stuff that opens doors that we can teach ourselves or learn from others who've been this way before us. And its never been easier than it is today to access the learning in so many different forms.

Benjamin Franklin said "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." That's one of the reasons that led me to join Success University, that so much personal development material was available for me on tap 24/7, to study. to learn, to grow and this blog is part of that process as it allows me to reflect here on some of the things I am learning as I go on my journey of being the successful person I aspire to.

When I attended Topher Morrison's Mental Game of Life seminar recently he recommended a book called The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity by Catherine Ponder. Well it has just arrived and I am. It looks a great read and I can see where Topher developed a lots of ideas from. I am committed to reading at least 4 chapters by the next mastermind group so that's an incentive if I need one to get cracking with it. I will share some of the insights I glean on the blog and that will provide me with another incentive to keep reading.

My blessings for today:
1. For friends who came round to watch the rugby bringing their friendship, allotment vegetables and warm companionship. To be able to share good food with them was a pleasure.
2.That the blocked drain outside was not so damaging that we could not fix it ourselves saving some expense and emotional energy
3. A weekend at home without external demands is unusual these days and I am thankful to have that this weekend.

Persoanl Development with Success
http://yvonnem.successuniversity.com

No comments: