Tuesday 9 October 2007

The True Secret to Success is Desire

I couldn't get to the computer yesterday and returned home late from a network meeting. I told them my dream and got laughed out of court metaphorically. For a while I was thrown into doubt with my tail curling between my legs, and had to work hard to steel my resolve. I promise in a year from now to return singing "They all laughed at Christopher Columbus when he said the world was round ... but Ha Ha Ha, who's got the last laugh now!"

Don't we all dream about the great things we are going to achieve in our lives? And many of us end up settling for less. But you know what, there are those who don't - they keep on dreaming and then they take those opportunities to make those dreams come true when they arise. And they recognise those opportunities because that's where they've been putting their focus all along.

The true secret to success is desire, and desire is a product of our dreams. Napoleon Hill said in Think and Grow Rich that "Whatever the mind of man can concieve and believe, it can achieve." His study of a number of successful people revealed a common thread. They were all dreamers who nurtured their dreams sometimes for years. How they must have laughed at the Wright Brothers, or Edison or Ford. What crazy notions did they have! Well, who's laughing now??

We all can have dreams. Big ones too. I choose now to believe in the power of my dreams And I realise this won't happen overnight. Not a lot of dreams do.

Three things I can do right now -

  • Write down my dreams (there is immense power in writing)
  • Assert my belief that it will happen
  • Visualise my dreams
Conceive. Believe. Achieve.

Here are but a few:
  • Build a powerful team in Success University
  • Pay off my mortgage
  • Pay for the necessary operations for at least 2000 children whose lives are to be transformed through the gift of sight and cleft pallet repair
  • Provide opportunities for my partner to have much choice about what work he does or indeed if he does
  • Improve the quality of life for my sister
  • Become an able saxophone player

Now to visualise with stereo surround and full blazing colour! That will help me to crystalise those dreams in my mind. I close my eyes .........and I already have those things I desire. I am training my subconscious mind to believe I already have what I desire. I ......am...... Success!

And today I am grateful for the security and comfort of my home, for my son's self motivation and determination to succeed with his schoolwork so I never have to prod him and that's an enormous saving of energy and bad vibes for me, and finally when I looked out the window today there were not 1 but 2 beautiful pink roses lighting up a corner of the garden and that really cheered me.

http://yvonnem.successuniversity.com

No comments: