Sunday 14 October 2007

Planning for Success

Do you know the saying 'If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got.' This is an invitation to start doing something different if we want amore successful outcome than we have already. The results we get is only as good as the plan we have and the execution of that plan. The steps we take may be small indeed but - another saying - the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. And with it comes discipline and commitment to take the next step and then the next. So knowing what we want, our dreams, goals and ambitions, working out a plan and going for it even if we can't yet see the whole scenario of how things are to be accomplished will make a big difference between success and failure.

We have to work the plan that fits in with our syles and our personalities, e.g. whether we like a lot of detail or to be more free thinking. So it helps to have a plan that is going to work for us, to establish committed times to take the necessary actions, to keep a log of what we are doing, recording our actions, goals or dreams and for reflection on what we've done already and learnt.

  • Take the time to dream and imagine what liife might be like 6 months, one year, 3 years, 5 years, 10 years from now.
  • Relate those dreams to all areas of your life such as health, finances and prosperity, relationships, career, family. What do you want to see happening in these areas?
  • Write down at least 3 things in any one area that will contribute to advancing yourself in that area where you are currently not getting what you want. For example, in the area of health you might commit tomorrow to eating one fruit of your choice if you are not used to having any and walking for 10 minutes only round the block. A feeling that this is achieveable and reasonable is more likely to lead to a feeling of success and something you can build on.
  • Celebrate your achievements however small - even a pat on the back will do.
  • Practice mentally seeing yourself doing and being what you desire to have achieved. This is a great one for programming your subconscious for success.
  • It helps to start being around others who share your visions and can help you stay on track. This is one of the reasons I am part of a mastermind group.

I made several committments in my mastermind group for actions I will do within the next month that seem very doable. They include my reading of a particular book - at least 2 chapters, beginning a Success University online course on Network Marketing, reading and understanding a business opportunity and developing my blog. I know I will have to account for these actions by the next mastermind meeting and have no doubt that that will motivate me to ensure I get them done.

If you didn't have a mastermind group there may be other creative ways of keeping accountable such as telling someone else what you are planning to do and asking them to check on you within a period of time or use a carrot and stick approach of some painful or pleasure consequence of taking action - and of course sticking to it.

My blessings for today are:

1.I was so thankful to my partner to return home to find a meal prepared and waiting for me and enormously grateful for knowing where my next meal is coming from.

2. The roses keep coming out, even at this time of the year and that's a real delight for me, and of course the autumnal colouring all around is particularly wonderful. I thank the universal spirit that I am free to enjoy such sights.

3. I am thankful to the people in my mastermind group who keep me focused and accountable and contribute to my personal development.

http://yvonnem.successuniversity.com

No comments: