Friday 12 October 2007

Part of Being a Winner

Part of being a winner is understanding that successful people do what unsuccessful people are unwilling to do. That means not finding excuses for not taking action, not procrastinating, doing what has to be done, commiting yourself to making things work for you, to learning the skills and to keep going in spite of how tough it gets sometimes.

My son for example constantly astonishes me. He's just 15 and studing hard with his schoolwork. He has a dream to become a footballer, as you do, but I am gobsmacked at his discipline in improving his physical fitness on a daily basis. His schoolwork is pretty demanding at times and he gets exhausted by the end of the day, sometimes so tired he can barely rouse himself to get to bed yet no amount of trying to persuade him otherwise can convince him that he should forgo doing his nightly exercises just for tonight. No excuses.

Now I don't know if he will ever make it to becoming a footballer but I'm pretty sure he will be a winner in whatever he chooses to do with his life. His persistence, committment, determination and sheer hard work works for him and is an inspiration to us his parents. He is a winner to me whatever and I draw strength from his example.

My blessings today concern him.
I am grateful for his loving presence and quiet strengths
I appreciate all he has to teach me about living and loving
I am thankful that he is old enough now to take care of himself before I get home from work

I will be sharing what I am learning from Success University in future blogs about the pillars of success starting with the first pillar -personal development

http://yvonnem.successuniversity.com

No comments: