Sunday 11 November 2007

Using the Energy Field of the Masterminding Group

I had the rather pleasant experience recently of being lifted high into the air by the combined energy of four people using just 2 fingers each. This technique required the lifters to try to lift me, having failed to do so on the first occasion, after some mental preparation and creating a combined field of energy which they transmitted through me. My part was to think about being light to lift – and to enjoy the ride. How was this apparently impossible feat achieved? On their third attempt, I was so high in the air it was amazing.

It brought to mind the immense power and energy that can be contained in a mastermind group. After all, this is about harnessing the collective energy and brainpower of a group of individuals to create the lift that will provide each individual in the group with an additional opportunity to grow and develop themselves and their business.

“No two minds ever come together without thereby creating a third, invisible intangible force, which may be likened to a third mind.”
— Napoleon Hill, Think And Grow Rich


Clearly one of the criteria for the development of such a group is to have the right mix of people and by that I mean people who can create synergy. The success of the mastermind group requires people are committed, participative, open minded and positive. They also need to be focussed around their own goals and yet also able to give positive attention to the person whose circumstances are being discussed at the time.

I have been in a mastermind group where there appeared to be several individuals not able to give this quality of attention to others and nice people that they were, it nevertheless diffused the level of energy of the group. This meant that the individuals who wanted to develop their visions and focus within the group were left with an empty dissatisfied feeling.

It’s a young group that is growing and there is some learning taking place but it is important in any mastermind group to establish a clear structure and focus, and also for people to be trusting and confident enough to challenge each other when one or more members go off at a tangent into their story when they needed to be giving quality attention to another individual. I suspect I could only have been lifted off the ground when my helpers were able to use their combined focus and energy to give their attention to me at that moment

I love the fact that we’ve got the group going. That is a success in itself. We have some learning to do as the masterminding concept is new to some of us. We have the capacity to leverage each other’s collective brain power and to rise to new heights within it.

Blessings for Today
1. I am grateful for all the popel from whom I have learn many and wonderous things today and yesterday. They have opened my eyes and filled my mind with new insights.

2. I am grateful to the author of the book on coping with stress that I have been reading, for its clear, humourous and practical approach that I can use in my own presentations.

3. For getting back home to a prepared meal in the oven. That was worth coming home for! I am thankful to my husband for all his efforts in our home today.

Personal Development and Success
http://yvonnem.successuniversity.com/

No comments: