Thursday 15 November 2007

Thoughts of a Reluctant Millionaire

Opps! I can't believe I said this. I was talking to someone just recently and I mentioned that I was on a wealth creation journey. That created a raised eyebrow or two and a frowning look. The implication was that there was something wrong with wanting to acquire wealth. I heard myself qualifying what I had said by adding that my intention was not to have a ferrari in the front drive or a jacuzzi in the back garden. Phew! Relief! So...you're not one of those people!! For who did I think I was, buying into that get rich stuff??

Like I said, I can't believe I said that for I know by now that thats a sure way of creating a huge chasm between me and prosperity. Doh! I still don't want the ferrari but the jacizzi would be nice....

The point is the ferrari isn't my dream but there is nothing wrong with it as someone else's. We have to look to our thoughts about us and money/prosperity or we stand a good chance of repelling it away from us if what's going on in our heads doesn't match up with what we say we want.

This was a learning moment and I now give myself permission to think and act differently. This is about learning how not to be ashamed and rather to celebrate my success and the success of others. The language I use to myself and also to others is crucial. I now choose to use language of abundance and wealth.

A few other helpful pointers are:
1. To create a dreamboard of the things you want in your life both on a material and non material level. That would include rich people I admire - the ones who can have the money and yet act with full concern and appropriateness for others. Whatever images the mind sees, it is more likely to be drawn to. It increases our prosperity thinking to review our images daily.

2. To recognise that all the spiritual leaders of the world's greatest riligions have promoted abundance and wealth and that it is our right to share in the wealth of the universe. Only so often have we misread or misinterpreted the message and thought that there was something inherently pious about being impoverished. It will help at the level of belief to review what the great spiritual leaders were actually encouraging in us in desiring prosperity. As in Deuteronomy 8:18 "But thou shalt remember Jehovah thy God, for it is he that giveth power to get wealth."

3. In my purse I carry a million dollar 'note'. Why not have two, or three. Again, its about where I put my focus. I understand that there is a feng shui approach that suggests having jars of coins around the house for exactly the same reason, that there is an automatic association with the mind about attracting abundance.

So to reinforce a new way of thinking to create not just wealth but many other areas of abundance and success in our lives, we need to look at what we're saying to ourselves and to others, whether our thinking really matches up to what we say we want, and finally to work at our levels of belief and practically take steps to keep our success and prosperity focussed in our minds daily.

To all our success. To abundance and opportunities galore. I now choose to congratulate all the ferrari owners out there and to celebrate their success.


“When you wish someone joy, you wish them peace,love, prosperity, happiness... all the good things.” Maya Angelou

Blessings for today
1. I am blessed by the opportunities for reflections and developing insight and for the teachings and wisdom of many who have gone before me.

2. I have so enjoyed the autumn sunshine of the last few days in contrast to the dull greyness that we sometimes endure at this time. Its brought out the startling beauty of the autumnal colours outside which have been a joy to behold.

3. I am blessed by the energy and committment of my son. He is an inspiration to me.

Personal Development and Success
http://yvonnem.successuniversity.com/

No comments: