Monday 5 November 2007

The Right Mental Attitude for Success

Two men looked out from prison bars,
one saw the mud, the other the stars.”

Author Unknown


I completed a course called Your Goal Mind in Success University today that I'd been delaying completing for a while now because of pressure of time. It was something of a marathon to complete all 20 lessons in one sitting that would normally have come to me over about a month but I knew I wanted to do it before starting a course on internet marketing that I committed myself to doing for my mastermind group, and I knew I was going to have to make myself accountable when we next meet.

The good thing about You Goal Mind was that it directly connected with what I have been writing about many times in this blog about establishing clear goals, having a sense of purpose and creating a vision you can sustain with daily practice to ensure success. I will share some of the things I learnt today.

Our mental outlook is an essential part of achieving success. Optimism and excitement are going to go a long way to helping us achieve what we desire. This means keeping an open positive attitude and our goals couched in positive language.

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal;nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson

‘I want to be in a fulfilling relationship’ is always going to sound better than ‘I don’t want to be lonely’ and ‘yes I can do this’ will be better than ‘I don’t know if I can.’ We may have to stretch ourselves to make it real but its far better to bring that into our focus than to limp along in doubt, fear and negativity. If we can generate some enthusiasm and a positive outlook for what we want its going to keep us well motivated to work towards our goals. When we become excited and enthused, its more of a glide towards than a slog.

"Life reflects your own thoughts back to you" Napoleon Hill

Part of the reason I do this blog is to be able to write about my blessings of the day. This helps to keep me in a positive frame of mind as well as reminding me of some of the good things that I have already got in my life. Some days are easier than others and the challenge is to be able to find something good in even the worst of situations like being grateful for arriving home safely although you’re been stressed to the hilt by poor traffic conditions or appreciating that your children are home safely even though living with them has been challenging.

Building in some mini rewards can really help also to keep our motivation high and we’re really going to need to be self motivating or have some kind of group or person with whom you ccan keep yourself motivated, if we are to succeed. These reward should be meaningful to us. Going to the football match with Uncle Sid won’t mean anything to me but for someone else will be really meaningful and motivational. It may be helpful to consider such rewards after each step or each 3 steps or whatever that we take towards achieving our goal.

We cannot do everything or know everything so gaining the advice, help and support of others can also have a positive impact on our success. If someone you talk to cannot help, they may know someone else who can within their broader network or circle of acquaintances. Even the most successful of people have found this one of the most profound resources for their success.

Napoleon Hill in his famous book Think and Grow Rich wrote of the significance of bringing people together to share experiences and to provide support as one of the most enabling factors in the success of people he studied like Henry Ford and many others.

“Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens” – Kahil Gibran

Blessings for today

1. I am so thankful for the many choices of courses and learning I am getting from being a member of Success University. Having full access to so much richness of thought and experiences has enriched my life.

2. I am reminded to build in a reward for myself on having completed a course so I have elecetd to go and give my son a huge hug and tell him what he means to me.

3. I'm so thankful I had booked myself a day off today so that I could take care of myself as I had picked up a winter flu bug. I hope the chicken soup helps take care of that.

Personal Development and Success
http://yvonne.successuniversity.com

No comments: