Saturday 24 November 2007

Rich Beyond Words

I feel one of the richest people alive today. More than winning the jackpot. Much more. That pleasure is yet to come. Well, here's the story. Frankly, yesterday was an ordinary working day. The usual stuff. I must admit, apart from crashing at home, the one thing I was looking forward to, was getting there and finding out how my son's day had been.

It'd been a day off school, he was planning mega revision with his friend and there was talk of another friend's birthday party that he had some doubts about but that I was encouraging him to consider going to and I couldn't wait to hear how he'd got on.

Ever had a near death experience? Well, I have. Many times since childhood I cheated death. It just wasn't my time. I don't know how many lives I'm blessed with, but for what its worth, it all turned on a sixpence and yet I'm still here.

When my son told me how he'd nearly been killed today - nearly run over by a bus on his way out of the party restaurant - I felt like my life had been spared once more. This could have been a very different story today. Indeed, there might have been no more stories if the unimaginable had happened. And so today I have so much to be grateful for. And I want to shout it to the Universe. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

The bottom line is this, there is nothing more precious to me in the whole universe than the gift of life for my son and so I am today rich beyond what words can express for his affirmation of life. But I'll express what I can anyway.

My gratitude to the guardian angel who protected him, to the Universal Spirit that guarded him, to the friend who pushed him out of the way, to the bus driver who in a few seconds, was more careful at that moment than he otherwise might have been and to any unseen forces that in that moment spared my life too.

I asked my son what he'd learnt from the experience. He was extremely appreciative too and it gave him a treasured perspective on life in general. It reminded him about looking and listening out on the roads. He's usually pretty good and haven't we all for a split second, made a mistake. He tells me its made him want to write down the things he wants to achieve in his life, short and long term and that's great - we all would benefit from doing that. And its reminded him of the government road safety slogan aimed at young people - Don't Die Before You've Lived - Think!

And I think that applies to pretty much all of us. Don't die before you've lived. We're never too old to consider this. How will you live today? What must you accomplish before you die? And I am reminded of the old slogan:

Today is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life.

So how do you want to live it?

"Life becomes precious and more special to us when we look for the everyday miracles and get excited about the priviledges of simply being human." Tim Hansel

Blessings for today
1 I am grateful that my son is alive and well and that I am here to testify to this today.

2. Death and serious injury would have given me a very different day and a very different life from today and so I am grateful to all the entities that assisted in what I now have.

3. For the lessons learnt and the opportunity to reflect again on what's important and what we want to achieve in our lives.

Personal Development and Success
http://yvonnem.successuniversity.com/specialoffer

No comments: