Tuesday 1 January 2008

Health and Prosperity

Check this out. "Beloved, I pray that in all things thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." I can't think of a better way to start the year, can you? Health and Prosperity.

 
That by the way, is a biblical quote I found in Catherine Ponder's book Dynamic Laws of Prosperity. Whatever your religious background, her teachings on prosperity and success are very compelling and inspirational. An easy and engaging book to read.

She has opened my eyes to looking at biblical teachings I once dismissed as not having relevance for me. This is coming to prosperity and success from a spiritual basis but I am of the opinion that its the same message from a non spiritual perspective that success has to start from what's in your mind and your heart. And page after page is just bursting with ideas and inspiration.

I am particularly today interested in wellness and health. Well, I guess millions of people are at this time of the year considering their diet, exercise, lifestyle choices to be top of their priority to address for the New Year.
 
Some people will persist and succeed and others will need to keep falling down and getting back up again before they reach their desired goals. And some won't of course. For all the smokers and drinkers and junk food eaters and couch potatoes, I wish you every success in your good intentions for a healthier life in 2008.

I have a sister who is exceedingly ill and although I send all my healing thoughts to her, is failing fast. She has slipped into incoherence now but thankfully is not suffering the pain she has endured for many months.
 
Catherine Ponder says 'Truely where there is a condition of ill health, there is a situation where the ill person has been subjected to internal discord of mind, body or affairs." Its no secret that our mental state affects what goes on in out bodies, and that stress majorly impacts on our health and well being.
 
And it has been ever so for my sister who has been hugely affected by the enormous tragedies of her life in the last few years. That she has developed a terminal illness is deeply saddening for her and all around her.

To be blessed with good health has surely got to be one of the greatest blessings and success in life we can aspire to. Without it, what else matters?And here is the rest of it. And you know what? The opposite of stress and mental discord, that is balanced, harmonious thinking and peace of mind creates physical well being and wholeness.
 
Healthy thinking isn't new of course but comes to us across centuries and diverse cultures. However with the modern reliance on drugs and more scientific ways of addressing illness, we have forgotten the power within us of developing changing attitudes and emotional responses to creating good health.

Ponder says that one of the first steps to healing is to learn forgiveness of others and ourselves for in doing so we gain physical, mental, emotional and spiritual healing. Sure its hard to do with people who have hurt and wounded us, but its worth attempting to create the harmony in ourselves that will bring us into a better frame of physical and mental well being.
 
I share this affirmation that she offers where your heart is filled with hostilities towards others, to be said daily.

"I fully and freely forgive. I loose and let go. I let go and let God's love do its perfect work in the conscious, subconscious and superconscious activities of my mind, body and affairs. I give thanks that peace, plenty and happiness now reign supreme in me and in my world."

If you squirm at the mention of God, feel free to interpret that as you will.

Blessings for Today

1. I give thanks for the good health I and my husband and son now enjoy and I am reminded today that this is a major success in our lives that we should not take for granted.

2. That my sister's pains have lessened greatly I am very thankful. I give thanks for the healing powers of the universe that comes to her now. All things are possible.

3.  I am so thankful for the many little blessings of my life like the beautiful jays that rested in the oak tree in my back garden, my son's hugs and soft hands, the relative mildness of the winter weather over the past few days and this means of communicating with the world today.

No comments: