Sunday 23 December 2007

Home Alone at Christmas

I contacted some girlfriends of mine just recently to send Christmas Greetings and some of the replies I got reminded me about what it felt like to be 'home alone' at Christmas. I've been there and tried to do what some people are doing which is to try to ignore the hype completely and get on with doing some ordinary things till the day passes. But no matter how much you try to ignore it, if you are not connected with significant others in a real way, a kind of loneliness can creep and sit there on your shoulder.


And you know its not just about not being with other people. Its more about a kind of compounding of every aching emptiness you've ever felt when bells are jingling and families are slicing turkeys together but you're feeling completely out of it. 

What's this got to do about success? Not a lot really- just me responding to the thoughts and feelings of others I know, and thinking about my own blessings that at least I have the choice of spending time with my significant others. I chose last year to make that time a time of quiet peacefulness by myself. And it was good.

But I think now of those people who ache inside at this time of the year and I wish them peace too.

On an entirely different note, I have been thinking more about me blog and how I can make it even better next year. I came across this information I wanted to share about successful blogging. And here it is.

I'm evaluating a multi-media course on blogging from the folks at Simpleology. For a while, they're letting you snag it for free if you post about it on your blog.

It covers:

  • The best blogging techniques.
  • How to get traffic to your blog.
  • How to turn your blog into money.

I'll let you know what I think once I've had a chance to check it out. Meanwhile, go grab yours while it's still free.

Blessings for Today

1. I am thankful for the people I now choose to spend my time with this Christmas and that I have a choice at all.

2. To the woman at the cinema today who simply gave me 2 complimentary tickets to see the film for no good reason I can think of. I want to say again Thank You. I am grateful for the entertainment that is now available to me.

3. To be able to give and receive gifts is a blessing indeed.

No comments: