Wednesday 2 January 2008

Health and Prosperity - 3 Steps to Healing

Yesterday I wrote about one of the steps Catherine Ponder regarded as key to restoring good health. Well here it is again, plus some more. Success without good health is not living well and richly. Good health frees us to enjoy all that we have and are and desire to be to the utmost. Yet, in my experience, how easy it is to be complacent when you are well!  


Now of course, we all know by now of the significance of good diet, exercise, sleep, cleanliness and cultivating peacefulness in attaining good heath. But have you ever considered these other contributions to to your well being and physical health? 

Frankly, they're going to sound a little off the wall to some people. But what if you could open your mind to a few new possibilities. Actually, not so new. These ideas have been around for centuries.

Step 1
Forgiveness as the foundation of healing. Sounds a little eccentric, doesn't it? But consider this. How much stress do we endure in hating, resenting, feeling bitter and afraid for the hurt caused to us? I don't underestimate that there are things in this world for which forgiving seems nigh impossible. 

But we can also look into ourselves and if we are honest recognise that its also the little things - the stuff people have said about us, the trust betrayed, the things done or undone. The smaller stuff that eats away at us sometimes for years that erodes our peace of mind. 

And we don't even know that's having a chemical reaction in our bodies. There is a skill to learning forgiveness and one part of that is in affirming often your intention to forgive freely as in the affirmation I wrote about yesterday. Its going to take a while to really come to believe it but with repetition we can begin to set up a different set of expectations in our minds.

Step 2
This is about saying an affirmative prayer in connection with healing. Whatever sacred words- the 'lost word of power' - from whatever religion as practised through many cultures works for this. It could be any good word or phrase that gives satisfaction and peace that creates a positive response in your thoughts and feelings. 

Its been said that The Lord's Prayer' from the Bible has healing power and whether you believe in it or not, has helped many to healing in their lives. The point is that your body will respond to what is in your thought and mind and uplifting thoughts and words are life enhancing. It doesn't take much to figure out that the opposite is true, that negative words and thoughts can open the way for diseases to affect the body.

I am reminded of the work of Masaru Emoto the creative and visionary Japanese researcher who conducted experiments with water, providing evidence that the vibrational energy of our thoughts, words, ideas and music can impact the molecular structure of water which comprises 70% of our bodies and our planet. 

His astonishing experiments showed how a word like 'love' could change the molecules in a container of water producing more life enhancing results. It certainly made me think about the 'lost word of power'. And I wouldn't dismiss the power of positive words to create health.




Step 3
The power of mental images. Impossible? I'm sure whole books have been written on this subject. This in a nutshell is about creating healing through imagining yourself or someone else, whole and strong and in perfect health. This is going to involve spending some quiet time focusing on a picture of the healthy part of the body that has been affected. Seeing it whole and healed and functioning perfectly.

It can be used for anything from cancers to dieting -I recall a Paul McKenna tape on slimming where he teaches imaging techniques to produce the desired effect. Hard to believe, but many a 'miracle' has been performed through the power of imagining. Actually, not so hard to believe when you consider the healing power of placebos.

I confess I can see how such a suggestion can work for yourself or someone who knows you are doing this for them. How it happens for people who don't know you are imaging them into perfect health remains a mystery to me but I understand has been demonstrated many times over. So much is possible that we don't yet understand.

Here is Catherine's favourite affirmation for health:

"I give thanks that I am the ever renewing, the ever unfolding, expression of infinite life, health and energy."

This is prosperous thinking for good health. By now you're probably wondering what planet I'm from. Is this crazy stuff? And if it all sounds a little kookie, the bottom line is, what's the worse that can happen from thinking positively and from a position of strength? After all, What the Bleep do We Know?

Blessings for today.

1. My son has been full of high spirits and good humour - sometimes annoyingly so. And I wouldn't have him any other way. He lights up my life and brings fun and laughter into my life and I am ever thankful for his spirit.

2. I have eaten well today. Food for good health. I am ever grateful for the fruits and vegetables and other wholesome foods available to me and for the possibility of easily obtained food on the table for myself and my family.

3. For the friends who have emailed me today and kept their links with me. I give thanks.





No comments: